Al Cantara Winery Mt Etna

Mt Etna is a unique wine growing area. It’s high elevation on a very warn island gives it a cool growing climate. Also its volcanic soils gives the wine a lot of minerals. It’s Sicily Burgundy. The red are unlike the Big Nero d’ avola’s They are lighter and more elegant. They pare well with Sea food . Etna Rosso: The rosso or red wines have a minimum of 80% of Nerello Mascalese, a deep colored black grape with spicy notes . The remaining 20% can be made from Nerello Cappuccio or a blend of at least 10% Nerello Cappuccio (also called Nerello Mantellato) and up to 10% other red or even, somewhat surprisingly, white grapes Etna Bianco : or white wines are made from a minimum of 60% Caricante, a maximum of 40% Catarratto, with up to 15% Trebbiano, Minella and/or other authorized white grapes. If the wine is marked Etna Bianco .

8 Item(s)

per page

  1. Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015  Cappiddazzu Paga Tuttu , Al Cantara Winery

    Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Cappiddazzu Paga Tuttu , Al Cantara Winery

    $65.00

    Name: Cappiddazzu Paga Tuttu EN: "Cappiddazzu" always pay A hilarious comedy by Martoglio and the famous Pirandello about a rich man who returns to his Sicilian village after years abroad. He plots a funny revenge against his family disgusted by the petty and unconcerned behaviour of his loved ones Learn More
  2. Etna Bianco, 2015,  Occhi de Ciumi  by Al Ccantara Winery

    Etna Bianco, 2015, Occhi de Ciumi by Al Ccantara Winery

    $22.00

    Etna Bianco made from Carricante and Grecanico grapes Learn More
  3. Etna Passito LU Disiu, 2013 By Al Cantara

    Etna Passito LU Disiu, 2013 By Al Cantara

    $49.00

    The wine is of an intense ruby colour. The nose perceived the typical note of raisins and syrupy fruits, followed by aromatic scents of vanilla, honey, caramel as a result of the aging in wood. In the mouth it is fresh, complex, with long finish. The recommended serving temperature is 12 – 15 ° C. It accompanies well with mature cheese, pasta with ricotta, pistachio deserts. Learn More
  4. Etna Rose', by Al Cantara Winery  2016 Amuri di Fimmina e Amuri di Matri

    Etna Rose', by Al Cantara Winery 2016 Amuri di Fimmina e Amuri di Matri

    Reg. Price: $24.00

    Now: $22.00

    Mt Etna Sicily Red made from grapes grown only on Mt Etna Nerello Mascalese g rape varieties that give life to the Etna Rosso DOC. The vineyard is located on the volcano Etna Learn More
  5. Etna Rosso, 2012  Muddichi Di Suli , by Al Cantara

    Etna Rosso, 2012 Muddichi Di Suli , by Al Cantara

    $22.00

    Made from the indigenous grape Nerello Mascalese, Etna wines show shimmering elegance, complexity and perfumed red fruits. The distinctiveness of the wines stems from their unique terroir: the steep slopes of the 11,000-foot-high Mount Etna, Europe’s largest active volcano. Learn More
  6. Etna Rosso, by Al Cantara Winery , 2015 Lu Veru Piaciri

    Etna Rosso, by Al Cantara Winery , 2015 Lu Veru Piaciri

    $24.00

    Mt Etna Sicily Red made from grapes grown only on Mt Etna Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio are the grape varieties that give life to the Etna Rosso DOC. The vineyard is located on the volcano Etna Name: Lu Veru Piaciri EN: The true pleasure "Lu Veru Piaciri" is a poem by the sicilian poet Domenico Tempio who wrote in the Sicilian language and was probably one of the major Sicilian poets of his time. In his poem he explains his indifference in writing about battles and his love for Peace and for the true pleasure, referring to the nature. Learn More
  7. Etna Rosso, by Al Cantara Winery, 2014  O'Scuru  O'Scuru

    Etna Rosso, by Al Cantara Winery, 2014 O'Scuru O'Scuru

    $26.00

    Mt Etna Sicily Red made from grapes grown only on Mt Etna Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio are the grape varieties that give life to the Etna Rosso DOC. The vineyard is located on the volcano Etna Learn More
  8. Pinot Noir( Pinot Nero), 2012  U' Toccu, Al Cantara Winery

    Pinot Noir( Pinot Nero), 2012 U' Toccu, Al Cantara Winery

    $65.00

    The wine is intense ruby red and with a good consistency. At the nose we perceive hints of red fruits, vanilla and finally a sweet notes of cocoa. In the mouth it is soft, fresh, sapid with an elegant and dry tannin. We can match it with meats and white meats, stockfish or cod. Name: ‘U Toccu EN: Traditional game called "Toccu" "‘U Toccu" is a traditional Italian hand game also known as "Morra" that dates back thousands of years probably to ancient Roman and Greek times. Martoglio dedicated an entire Sonnet to this game. The game consists in guessing at what the sum of all fingers shown by the players will be. Learn More

8 Item(s)

per page